Welcome to Sycamore Class - Year 5
I hope you are looking forward to working hard and learning lots of new things during your time in Year 5! Here are some topics that we will be looking at throughout the Autumn term:
The Ancient Egyptians (Topic)
Blackberry Blue story collection (English)
Earth and Space (Science)
Important things to remember:
- Forest school is on a Monday. Please make sure you check the hand out sheet and the list in the classroom to find out when it is your week.
- P.E will be taking place on a Tuesday. Please make sure you have your P.E kit in school everyday.
- Swimming will take place on a Thursday. You must have goggles and a swimming cap!
- Our Library changing day is Wednesday. Don't forget to put your books in the box so that you can get new books out each week.
- Spellings will be tested on a Thursday.
Thunk of the term:
"Is it ever ok to cheat?"
You will receive a new reading book three times a week. These days may change each week. Remember, if you finish your book you can read it again or continue reading a library book at home. If you have finished the reading scheme, please read library books and keep Miss Harding regularly updated with what you are reading.
Spellings will be tested on a Thursday morning and will be tested in the form of a dictation. This means new words will be put into full sentences to ensure children have an understanding of their meaning.
Homework will be set on a half termly basis.